"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher

Search This Blog

2012-01-21

Repair comes first

I went to trim my beard the other day and my cordless trimmer didn't even twitch.  The charger didn't light up, nothing.  So remembering that the manual said something about taking the battery out, I cracked the case open.  To my delight it had a standard rechargable AA NiCd.  Out came the intellicharger and the leads on the trimmer were just long enough to get it in.  Originally the battery was so dead the charger didn't register it.  A pair of jumper wires and a quick connection with a healthy NiMH woke the charger up and I started it off on a refresh cycle.  It took two days, but it looks ready to put back into service.


No comments:

Post a Comment