"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher

Search This Blog

2012-01-08

More Inspiration from Lifehacker

Another idea used from a Lifehacker article.  This was also a concept I considered when it came to organizing my spices, however the pocket to jar size ratio was ludicrous.  Much better for bigger things like all my workout supplies and and other odds and ends that were not space efficient left on a shelf.  Things like storage bags, rolls of foil and cling wrap.
The pockets are even big enough to fit that 500g bulk container of creatine monohydrate.  I did put two small thumbtacks through the organizer and into the door about a third of the way up from the bottom to reduce the swing when the door was used.

Once I did this, I moved my tubs of whey protein to the empty shelf I discovered during yesterday's project, which then left two fully unused shelves on the other unit.  So I moved my (very) few small appliances down from the very top which made the unit wobble less with the weight further down.

As a side benefit of having this stuff stashed in a flexible organizer, when it does come time to move, I can just unhang it, roll it up and drop it in a tote.  I may see if I want to organize the bathroom in a similar way.  Obviously the TP and towels aren't going to fit in there, but I'd say the boxes of band-aids, bottles of OTC's, and all the other assorted toiletries will go just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment