"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher

Search This Blog

2011-10-26

Repurposeable: McCormick small spice bottle

With my new smaller lunch bag, I do not have the room for the 4oz Glad reusable/disposable containers I used to pack mixed nuts in.  I pack one ounce of mixed raw almonds and raw pumpkin seeds every workday.  It was such a waste to use a ziplock bag even if I was reusing them.  Then while measuring out ground cloves for an oat spice cake it hit me that the small spice container might be just the right size.  So the next time I had an empty one I put it on the scale, and sure enough there is just a little room left over.  The only thing that would make it better is if they switched to a type 1 or 2 plastic so I could recycle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment